About Mr. Malachy O’Mullan.
Malachy graduated from the ‘Northern Ireland School of Podiatry’ (Belfast 1984) with a distinction in ‘Life Sciences’.
Malachy is a ‘Podiatrist’ with over 35 years professional experience & is affiliated with the following professional bodies.
– Full member of ‘The College of Podiatry’ (London).
– Regulated by the ‘Health & Care Professions’ Council ‘HCPC’ (London).
– Full member of ‘The College of Podiatry’ (Northern Ireland branch).
– Associate membership of the ‘Royal Society of Medicine’ (London).
After his ‘Graduation’ in July 1984, Malachy quickly commenced practice with the National Health Service four weeks later in Co. Down (Downpatrick, Ballynahinch & Newcastle areas).
As a 21 year old ‘Graduate Podiatrist’, Malachy worked long side a ‘fabulous manager’ & highly respected colleague (Mrs Mary O’Prey) providing podiatry services for the following;
– An ‘Acute hospital’ facility.
– A ‘Minor Surgery Clinic’.
– A ‘Phsychiatric hospital’ facility.
– A number of ‘Community based’ clinics.
– Domicile Podiatry services for the Downpatrick, Newcastle & Ballynahinch districts of Co Down.
In January of 1986, Malachy then relocated (within the NHS) to work in the Lisburn Road & Finaghy districts of South Belfast.
In early 1987, the current practice premises (located at 26 Finaghy Road South) were purchased.
In October of 1987, Malachy was promoted within the South Belfast ‘Podiatry Department’.
In November 1987, (after significant refurbishment works) the current practice was opened at 26 Finaghy Road South Then operating hours were Mon – Fri, from 5 pm – 9 pm & Saturday’s from 8am – 1pm.
In the ‘Spring’ of 1998, Malachy resigned from the NHS & commenced full time ‘Private Practice’ at 26 Finaghy Road South.
In the Spring of 2018 Malachy celebrated a fabulous milestone of 30 successful years in full time private practice.
Looking back over my total 35 years in professional Podiatry, I can only say that I would do it all again!
To date, I have had the absolute pleasure of helping many many people across our broad society with simple & complex issues. At the same time I have also enjoyed the benefits of a fabulous career with an unending term of employment!
I can only hope for many more years ahead!